With a quick turn around, we are happy to announce the release of mothur v.1.27.0. You’ll see that we haven’t added any new commands; however, we have made some significant changes to the various cluster commands resulting in much reduced memory requirements and faster executions. We’ve also fixed a couple of bugs and posted the mothur-compatible version of the latest RDP taxonomy files.
Look for some more exciting features and commands in September!
- cluster, cluster.classic, cluster.split - reduced memory by 50% and increased speed by 55%.
- create.database - allowed command to proceed with abundance mismatches between constaxonomy file and shared file to allow the user to sample or normalize the shared file.
- chop.seqs - added processors option. - https://forum.mothur.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1683
- screen.seqs - segfault in MPI version.
- sub.sample - missing files if subsamples call of the unique.seqs command produced a file with the same name as subsamples output file name. https://forum.mothur.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1681
- various commands would complain about missing names if the names file did not end in white space - https://forum.mothur.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1698&p=4538#p4538
Changes to wiki
- Posted mothur-compatible version of latest RDP reference files (v. 9)